6 large potatoes 1 onion, finely chopped
50 ml brown vinegar 5 ml English mustard
50 ml mayonnaise Tabasco sauce,few drops
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped Worcestershire sauce, few drops
30 ml spring onions, chopped 100 g bacon, finely chopped
30 ml parsley, chopped 100 ml hot chicken stock
4 gherkins, finely chopped seasoning and lemon pepper to taste
(1) Boil the potatoes in their jackets in salted water until just tender.
Drain, cool and peel.
(2) Slice the potatoes thinly and place in a bowl.
(3) Combine all the remaining ingredients except the bacon and stock, with
(4) Saute the bacon until crisp. Pour over the potato salad (including the
(5) Finally add the stock, mixing well. Season to taste, chill and serve.
(some of the seasoning in this recipe includes Aromat or Fondor,
proprietary preparations which largely contain MSG - in the
interests of health I left them off, but if you're not allergic it
adds to the taste).