LOCATION: Recipes >> Sandwiches >> Tastee Sandwiches
5 lbs ground beef
3 heaping teaspoons prepared mustard
3 heaping teaspoons creamy-style horseradish
3 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
8 oz. (1 cup) water
1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1 heaping teaspoon 'Accent' seasoning
* Combine the mustard, horseradish, salt, pepper & ketchup in an 8 oz.
measuring cup. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
* Put the ground beef into a large kettle, add the seasonings from the
* Fill the measuring cup with water, rinsing to get all the seasoning out.
Pour this over the ground beef & spices.
* Add onions and Accent.
* Stir all ingredients in kettle, and put it on the stove on low heat. Stir
constantly until the meat is broken apart finely. Then increase heat just
until mixture comes to a boil. Let boil about 25 minutes, stirring
Serve on plain hamburger buns with pickle or no condiments at all.
Tastees Onion Chips Batter
1-1/2 cups white flour
1-1/2 cups water
1-1/2 cups milk
1 large egg
1-3/4 tablespoon salt
1-1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon melted shortening (Crisco)
5 lbs quartered onions
cracker meal or #4 Golden Dip breading
* put flour, egg, salt & sugar in large bowl of electric mixer. Gradually
add milk & water, mixing until smooth.
* add melted shortening and a few drops of yellow food coloring (this gives the
batter a "richer" look)
* shake onions in flour, then set aside to dry.
* when you are ready to fry, dip onions in batter, then cracker meal and fry
until golden brown.
Served with Tastee Chip Dip (below)
Tastee Chip Dip
16 oz. large curd cottage cheese
16 oz. sour cream
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1 package Lipton onion soup mix
1/4 cup milk
Mix all ingredients together. I presume this is in a blender or mixer,
because the final product has a smooth consistency...not resembling the
cottage cheese it contains.
How does this recipe taste?
||Ease of Prep: (n/a)
Write an ON-LINE REVIEW and share your thoughts with others.